To add interactive Google Maps to your page click + (W) in the widget bar and select the Google Maps widget. Enter your Google Maps API key and click Apply—this will make the map visible and allow you to access settings.
Note: The Google Maps API key is free to use, but you will need to provide Google Maps Platform with your billing information. If your project receives a lot of views, Google may charge you in accordance with their Pricing terms.
To receive a key:
- Log in to your Google account and go to Google Maps Platform.
- Choose Maps, Routes, and Places, then click Continue.
- Enter the project name: choose something specific, it helps to differentiate which project a map is associated with. You don’t need to give your projects the same titles they have on Readymag though, feel free to choose any name you want. Click Next.
- Click Create billing account, choose your Country, read and accept the Terms of Service, then select Agree and continue.
- Enter your banking details and click Start my free trial. To verify your banking details, you will be charged $1.
- The Google Maps Platform should now be enabled. Copy the API key and paste it to the Google Maps widget on Readymag.
Choose the Standard Map, Directions, or the Custom Map for your widget. In the Directions mode, you can specify a route for driving, bicycling, or walking. Custom Map allows you to paste JSON code, which you can easily generate with the Google Maps API built-in tool—click the Launch Maps Wizard link to open it.
Turn off Controls switch to hide map controls available for your visitors inside the widget.