You can create forms to receive feedback from your visitors. Click + (W) in the widget bar and select Form. This widget allows a user to collect emails, manage event registrations, and create surveys.
You can add six different types of fields to your Form. By default all fields must be completed by the visitor—use the Optional Field switch to make any of them non-mandatory. To rearrange fields in your Form click and drag one of them vertically in the Fields control.
- Text. Accepts any text.
Hint: you can add additional lines for text fields.
- Number. Accepts only digits and decimal points: dot [.] and comma [,].
- Name. Use this field to save a visitor’s name to Mailchimp. Accepts any text.
- Email. Accepts email addresses in firstname.lastname@example.org format. This field is required to send data to MailChimp. Please note: the email field doesn’t have a validity check so wrong addresses, typos, or non-existent domains will be accepted and saved.
- Phone number. Accepts phone numbers in the following format: +[country code][area code][subscriber number] (plus is optional). Spaces and hyphens may be typed in as separators. For instance, +12221234567, or 7 415 123-45-67.
- Dropdown. Creates a dropdown list of multiple choices. This is a two-level control—click Dropdown in the Fields control to pull out the enclosed panel where you can add, delete, and rearrange each field.
- Checkbox. Creates a selection box to check or ignore.
Click Styles in the widget controls to switch between vertical and horizontal layout for your Form, choose a Colored, Outlined, or Underlined scheme, and change Fields and Button attributes: spacing, color, radius, border, text style, and so on.
After the form is submitted, you can show your visitors a text message or redirect them to another page of your project, as well as to an external website. To do so, click the dropdown menu next to ‘Text after submit’, choose the option you need and enter text, URL or page number.
Click Send Data to choose one of four options for storing submitted data.
- Email. Sends all submitted data to the Current Email in your Readymag account. Other addresses are not supported. This is a default option for newly created Forms. If you want to receive submitted data to a different email or multiple addresses use your email provider’s automatic forwarding to filter and redirect New form submission letters from Readymag.
- Google. Saves each submitted form as a new row in a Google Sheets document. Type in a name for the new spreadsheet and it will be automatically created in the root folder of your connected Google Drive account. To disconnect a Google account click here. If you’d like to have several copies of the same form within your project and have them submit data to the same spreadsheet don’t create a different form widget, just copy the original form and paste it in a different page of the project.
- Mailсhimp. Adds a subscriber to one of your Mailсhimp lists. Email field in the Form is required to save submitted data. You can unmap the account in the Mailchimp authorization settings: there you can revoke the access rights for third-party applications. Then you’ll need to map another account and set up data collection for all forms in your account.
Note: when a Readymag account is linked to MailChimp, collaborators are not allowed to access the “Send Data” settings—it’s restricted only to the owners of the projects for security reasons.
- URL. Sends all submitted forms to a custom URL webhook. The data is transferred via POST request in application/x-www-form-urlencoded format—you may require assistance from a developer to set up a URL that can receive data. We recommend testing your link via Webhook Tester before using it with Readymag.