There are two modes for editing Readymag projects:
- Default (Layout unlocked mode)—the basic mode where you can edit all widgets and project settings within the limitations of your plan;
- Layout locked mode.
You can assign one of these modes to your collaborators, or switch between them when working on a project created from your own account.
Layout locked mode
This mode allows you to modify content and some widget attributes that have already been placed. It can be extremely helpful when your layout is finished and you don’t want to damage your overall structure. This mode allows you to:
- Edit widget content (text, links, images, video, custom code).
- Select colors from swatches.
- Apply different text styles from presets.
- Change project and page settings.
- Publish, re-publish or unpublish the project.
- Edit the layout: change positioning, sizes, and most widget attributes. You also can’t move widgets, add interactions and animations or edit their settings.
- Add new pages.
Switching between modes in your own project
To switch from the basic to Layout locked mode and vice versa, use the shortcut C or click on this icon in the bottom panel of your project:
Assigning roles to collaborators
When you add a new collaborator, the layout is unlocked for them by default. To change their role, click on Layout unlocked and select Layout locked.
You can also modify roles for your existing collaborators. To do so, open the list of collaborators, click on Select role, and choose the option you need.